Manual Control Panel
The "Guard Evolution" is supplied in a metal box which is mounted on the generating set and equipped with:
1. The Electronic Card
2. Circuit breaker, cables access through the bottom of the panel
The panel is made of sheet steel and had 2 distinct compartments. The guard evolution device, ignition key, emergency stop button and optional earth fault relay device are found in the top compartment. The panel is equipped with a key lock and has a protection grade of IP54. The bottom compartment, which is segregated by a panel, houses the following elements: the amperometric transformers, circuit breaker and terminals or bars for connection to the power cables, terminal for ground and any extra terminals for connection to auxiliary functions (optional) external terminals to supply engine pre-heater. The protection grade on the open panel is IP30, due to the exposed circuit breaker.
The Guard Evolution device is made specifically for the command, control and protection of the generating set. The device innovation with microprocessor technology, has three fundamental aspects: Clear communication to the operator; the ability to automatically analyse the events of the generating ser and the chance to view all electric measurements and parameters together, with the benefit of simply adding accessories to obtain supplementary functions. The functions are:
Manual Functions (version described above)
Auto-start Function (basic version with activated software)
Automatic Mains Failure (AMF) Function (basic version with integrated hardware and activated software)
Special functions integrated with the standard functions, upon request.
The large display screen is used to show the electrical and engine parameters, instructions for the use and the written alarm warning messages. These help the operator diagnose the problem and aid in the finding the proper solution. The alarm and warning messages are visible and audibly pointed out to the operator.
The integration of the engine and alternator protections in the single microprocessor device allows the analysis and simultaneous comparison of the various parameters determining with maximum precision the exact cause of the generated the protection to intervene. This operation is not possible in the traditional equipment due to the high processing capacity required. The Guard Evolution device is equipped with a RS485 serial port necessary for connection to a personal computer through a converter.
Microprocessor: Microchip 16mhz
Display: Liquid Crystal 240 x 64 pixel - 320 Characters
Operating Temperature: -20 ° + 70 ° C (21.6 - 183.6 ° F)
Stand-By Consumption: 70 Ma Typical
These are viewed on three pages that allow all the important information to be seen simultaneously.
- Alternator voltage on all 3 phases (Phase-phase and phase-neutral)
- Engine speed indicator (RPM)
- Operating hour counter
- Current on all 3 phases
- Maintenance countdown (selectable)
- Active Power (kW) per phase ?
- Engine Temperature
- Apparent power (kVA) per phase and ?
- Engine oil pressure
- Reactive apparent power (kVAr) per phase and ?
- Energy (kWh) per phase and ?
- Engine oil temperature ?
- Battery Voltage
- Power Factor per phase and the average
- Alternator battery charger pick-up voltage
- Starting attempts counter
- Date / Time ?
- Management of automatic refueling system ?
- Fuel Level (in %) ?
- Black box (memory capacity of the last 4000 events) ?
? Functions that require sensors / hardware or settings supplied as optional, activated upon request.
Is is also possible to activate other measurements on request for e.g: Exhaust temperature, oil temperature, ambient temperature depending on the generating set model.
Alarms and Protections
In case of fault or malfunction the generating set shows all the unit's parameters at the moment of shut down as well as the obvious alarm (ex. Engine temperature, voltage value etc).
- FUEL RESERVE ?
- MISSED START
- MAINTENANCE REQUIRED
- MISSED ENGINE STOP
- SYSTEM BLOCKED, ENGINE STOP ACTIVATED
- MECHANICAL ARREST / ENGINE FAULT
- ENGINE OVERSPEED / OVERFREQUENCY
- ALTERNATOR NOT ENEGIZED
- ENGINE UNDER SPEED / UNDER FREQUENCY
- ISOLATED D+ WIRE
- HIGH ENGINE TEMPRATURE ?
- LOW BATTERY VOLTAGE ?
- LOW ENGINE OIL PRESSURE
- HIGH BATTERY VOLTAGE
- HIGH ENGINE OIL TEMPRATURE
- LOW OIL LEVEL
- EMERGENCY STOP
- LOW WATER LEVEL
- ELECTRO VENTILATOR BLOCK %
- ISOLATED LOW OIL PRESSURE WIRE / SENSOR
- GENERAL SYSTEM ERROR
- HIGH GENERATING SET VOLTAGE / OVERVOLTAGE
- LOW GENERATING SET VOLTAGE / UNDERVOLTAGE
- GENERATOR VOLTAGE ASYMMETRY
- MAXIMUM GENERATOT CURRENT (OVERLOAD) ?
- HIGH ALTERNATOR TEMPRATURE ?
- CORRUPT MEMORY
% ONLY FOR GENERATING SETS WITH ELECTRORADIATOR
? Functions require sensors / hardware or settings supplied as optional, activated on request.
Depending on the fault, the generating set protections intervene with a signal or the shutdown of the unit, with the possibility of a remote signal through a volt-free contact. This function can be configured on request. The device also has free inputs that can be used for the other functions upon request, for e.g: pre-alarm threshold.
20 Alarm Remote Card: A supplementary card added to the Guard Evolution for 20 alarm functions. The alarms are available through electo-mechanical relays.
Other Standard Features
- Language selection: English, Italian, French, German, Spanish and others on request
- Stop active function: this allows the engine control system, to be supplied while the engine is off.
- Crank Engine Speed Function: allows the engine to turn with the starting motor without actually having to start it up
- User menu access: via password to change parameters, e.g: contrast and languages
- Maintenance countdown: maintenance can be programmed with countdown.
- LED signal status of: genset operating normally, genset pre-alarm, genset in alarm/block
- Display Function: mode selected (e.g: block, manual, auto and test)
- Acoustic Alarm: Is activated to signal an alarm or to pre-announce a function
- Cumulative General Alarm: Contact for remote pre-alarm or fault signal
- PC Connection: with RS485 serial port (via convertor and optional software)
- Genset history: The last 15 alarms, the device memorises the cause of the alarm and the parameter values on page 1 the data can be accessed with the password via keyboard.
- Programmable analog and digital outputs: On request, these must be requested at the moment the order is made as one can exclude another.
Outputs and Remote Alarms
RS485 Serial Port: Via converter with RS232 / USB port and software it is possible to effect the supervision if the communication of all the alarms and pre-alarms and their virtual memorization in the archives happen in real time (the last 15 alarms or 4000 events if equipped with the black box.) In case of a fault or malfunction, the generating set shows all the alarms and parameters on that moment (E.g: Engine temperature, voltage value)
Remote Start (Auto-start): from the remote command via a potential zero contact; it can be requested the following ways:
CRS - 2 Contacts Available: the first keeps the generating set in block mode, regardless if the mains is present or not and the second starts the genset (e.g: Allows the genset to be put in Block mode during certain time slots)
CSC - 2 Contacts Available: The first allows the generating set to be started, regardless if the mains in present or not and the second contact executes the changeover between the mains and genset (e.g: allows the genset to be used during certain time slots, excluding the mains)
Supervisor Software: via a convertor with RS232 / USB and appropriate software is is possible to connect a PC to the generating set and carry out the necessary operations besides supervising the parameters, alarms and pre-alarms. Access to the history archive (Last 15 or 4000 events if equipped with the black box) can be held in real time.
In case of a fault or malfunction the generating set shows, besides the obvious alarms, all the parameters at the moment the unit shut down (e.g: engine temperature, voltage value). It is possible to connect up to 32 generating sets with the limit of viewing 4 units simultaneously (the multi genset connection requires accessories not included to be installed on the mains)
Black Box Function: Visible only through the optional convertor and software: allows over 4000 events to be visualized, the events are: change of status. E.g: from manual to automatic, pre-alarms and alarms. It indicates the year, month, day, hour, minute and second in which the event took place as well as the parameter value which generated the block. In the case of pre-alarms, how long it lasted is also registered. The software allows statistics to be carried out, distinguished by event. E.g Analyse how many start up attempts the genset has made, how many were successful, how many failed etc. The statistics can be personalized.